Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

Apple Crisp


I found a great sale on three pound bags of pink lady apples. Several weeks ago. Since then, I discovered that I don't do well with many carbohydrates and adopted a low carb diet and completely forgot about the apples. If I was going to go on a baking tear last night, I needed to use up those apples. The easiest way I know how is with an apple crisp. I tend to like tart desserts, and warm apple crisp goes really well with Coconut Bliss vanilla ice cream!

Apple Crisp

1.5 pounds Apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1/4 c Palm Oil
1/2 c Oats
1/2 c Sugar
1/4 c Brown Rice Flour
1 T Tapioca Flour
3/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Ginger
fresh grated Nutmeg
pinch Cloves
pinch salt

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a 9X9 pan, layer the apple pieces. If you like a sweeter dessert, you can layer additional cinnamon and sugar among the apples.


Put the other ingredients in a bowl and combine with either a fork or a pastry cutter. Spread the crumble over the top of the apples.


Bake for about 30-45 minutes, or until the apples are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment