Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Seattleites - Vegan Bake Sale for Pigs Peace

For all of you in Seattle looking for something to do this weekend, stop by the Sidecar for Pigs Peace between 1 PM and 8 PM on Saturday and Sunday (the 23rd and 24th). The baked goods will be vegan and there will be at least 2 kinds of cookies that are gluten free :)

The Bake Sale is to benefit Pigs Peace Sanctuary. I remember in the 90's it was all the rage to have a potbellied pig for about five minutes. What happened to all of the pigs after the fad died down and people realized they are intelligent, needy animals is pretty disturbing. The sanctuary also adopts neglected and abused pigs outside of the potbelly breeds, including animals intended for food. Please check out their website and meet some of their delightful residents. Some of the stories are heartbreaking, but I'm a sucker for a happy ending:
http://pigspeace.org/main/index.html

Here is more information on the bake sale including directions:
http://pigspeace.org/events/bakeSale.html

3 comments:

  1. See you there! Or your treats at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my pile of baked goods I included one thumb-print jam cookie, and now I wish I'd gotten more. It was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked it! My husband is going to run by and pick a couple things up because I didn't have time. I heard that there are some gf zucchini muffins there now that are soy/corn free and he'll probably buy some of the shortbread I didn't let him eat last night :)

    It was great meeting you!

    ReplyDelete