Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Vegan Mofo Day 12-ish - Maple Peanut Butter Frosting

It's a few minutes past midnight and I'm happy because I just spent time with a great friend, ate some fabulous food at Cafe Flora, and watched an interesting movie. I'm sad because I just missed my deadline for posting a recipe! So I guess you'll get two recipes today. One now, and one after I wake up tomorrow. Well, knowing me, well after I wake up tomorrow.


Maple Peanut Butter Frosting
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup palm oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
pinch salt
2 Tb very hot water

Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add hot water and combine well with a hand mixer. Taste test often and adjust peanut butter and maple syrup ratios as needed. I don't tend to like things very sweet, so I prefer this to the previous peanut butter recipe I posted. This goes well with the chocolate cake recipes I've posted. If it's too runny, stick it in the freezer for 20 minutes or more.

Today was a stressful day work wise, but things improved greatly afterwards. I received a care package from my sister-in-law with some awesome new books, including Skinny Bitch's new book! She is so thoughtful, especially considering she was just about to give birth to the newest addition to the family. Baby and mom are doing well! We try to keep in touch via the parents, knowing that sleep and spare time are luxuries they are probably doing without.

I went to dinner at Cafe Flora, as I mentioned, and once again had the autumn root roast and sweet potato fries (sans dipping sauce). The sweet potato fries were delicious without the dipping sauce and had a great spice combo on them. The autumn root roast was still delicious. Loved the parsnip puree and the chanterelle mushrooms were flavored and cooked perfectly. The waitress was very considerate. It was a great experience overall. Last time Lance and I went there the waitress was a little spacey, but the food was great so it's going to be a favorite of mine.

My friend and I went back to our house and I was out of chocolate cup papers, so I got out an old cake tin, poured chocolate in the bottom, raspberry filling in the middle, spread cherries in the middle as well, and topped it off with a layer of chocolate. Pictures to come in the next day or so.

Lastly, we watched New York I Love You. It's a series of skits that are slightly intertwined. Each piece has a different writer and director. I really enjoyed it, but it was a bit on the artsy side for Lance.

I'm really tired so it's time to wrap up today's blog. At this point, it's just a random flow of semi-consciousness. Which reminds me, I need to work on improving my photography and may give the blog a bit of a face lift.

Good Night! :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad Cafe Flora was a good experience. They are usually pretty nice to people with allergies. Other than the one server who tried to convince me to eat meat (I wrote a complaint letter). If they still have the root roast I might need to head back there. It was so good.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whhhhaaattt?? That's rogue agent crap. Why would someone work there if they ate meat or were pro meat? I'm....yikes.

    Ohh...there was a poster of a dog who needed a good home on the bulletin board near the bathroom. Annie almost had a big sister.

    ReplyDelete