Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Sauteed Pea Pasta


My mom was over this weekend and helped tremendously around the house. To help make her feel welcome, I prepared meals and treats. This pasta salad was very simple, but full of great flavor.

Pea Sauté
2 cups baby peas (petit pois)
2 shallot "cloves"
1 large clove of garlic
handful fresh chopped basil
1 tsp dry tarragon
1/2 tsp salt
olive oil

My peas were frozen, so I threw them in the skillet as it warmed. After the skillet was warm and the peas had thawed, I threw in olive oil, the shallots, and garlic to sauté. Once the shallot was a bit translucent, I added the herbs and salt. It didn't take long at all to prepare.

I boiled some rice pasta for my mom and Lance, and I personally enjoyed the saute on kelp noodles. Macadamia Cheese is a great addition, although I enjoyed mine without.

No comments:

Post a Comment